Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014
            
Only two things can delay our departure now:  dangerously cold temperatures and blizzard conditions.  We are watching the weather and the forecast is pretty miserable.  Packing and loading the truck and boat will be complicated if we have to deal with snow, wind and cold temperatures.  Nevertheless, we are looking for that window of opportunity in the next three to four days.  This is the culmination of over two years of preparation to recreate our sailing experience on Biscayne Bay on our 19' sailboat "Huachinango".  We hope to feel luxurious and spacious this time around in our 26' foot "Bamboleo", outfitted with recent upgrades such as curtains, portable shower, extra anchor, tarp for shade, electric cooler, and our dinghy, "Lunita", an inflatable canoe.  Hundreds of other details have been examined, from purchasing charts, gps apps, and cruising guides to driving routes and marina options.  With some anxiety, we are just about ready to disembark!

2 comments:

  1. Hello to Patty's sister! My name is Bethann and I ride the state Van with Patty. I hope you dont mind, is it ok with you if I watch your blog regarding this adventure? I was going to do something similar a few years ago and allowed myself to be talked out of it. I regret this still. I would love to live the experience through your blog at least. Anyways, if this is really for family only, I understand. Thank you, best of luck and have a wonderful voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be low 80's here tomorrow. Let us know your progress and if you will want to stop by. 239-300-1549 K & M

    ReplyDelete